NOTE TO computerconsultantsforum.com and forums.techcareerfubar.com USERS: This is the same site. Your login will work here. Use the "forgot password" function if you need help recovering your password.

Get rid of this big black message box by joining here: http://mature-it.pro/register/

Obvious fact: You're not logged in.

Therefore, you're only seeing the tip of the iceberg of great discussion threads on this site. The frankest, most raw and truthful observations about employment and work life in the IT and engineering fields are in "members only" sections that are ONLY visible when you are registered and you log in.

If you're 35 or over, and work in IT, or are retired from IT, and you dislike the herd mentality and clueless, adolescent snobbery of forums such as "Hacker News", then you really should join this board. Why? Because you're too smart for Facebook. And everyone needs someone to gossip, commisserate, and chat with at their level.

Who we are:

A collection of IT, engineering and sciences professionals, in a variety of current circumstances with a variety of career backgrounds. Including:

• System admins
  • Developers and programmers
  • Freelancers and "gig" entrepreneurs
  • Contract, job shopping and FTE-employed contract house IT workers
  • Web developers
  • Inventors
  • Artists and writers with tech backgrounds

This forum has its roots in the 1990s buildup of the IT field into what we know today and has been around since 2002. 10s of thousands of messages and threads about a variety of career, FTE, contract, and side gig issues and opportunities.

If you're as smart as the typical experienced IT professional, you have a critical mind that has a hard time staying engaged with pop culture and generic issues of the day. And you're WELL beyond the fanboy mentality of the young developer communities. Get some relief here.

Register on the board - your email is NEVER sold or provided to third parties. Then LOGIN FREQUENTLY to see new stuff daily. Note to long lost members: all politics have been marked as "opt in" only. You won't see anything political unless you ask for it.

Join by Registering here: http://mature-it.pro/register/

Author Topic: Listening quotes  (Read 41 times)

I D Shukhov

• Resigned Forum
  • Wise Sage
Listening quotes
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:02:38 pm »
I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.
Ernest Hemingway

When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.
Ernest Hemingway

If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.
Robert Frost

There is a time to take counsel of your fears, and there is a time to never listen to any fear.
George S. Patton

Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make.
Donald Trump

When you really listen to another person from their point of view, and reflect back to them that understanding, it's like giving them emotional oxygen.
Stephen Covey

Back of every mistaken venture and defeat is the laughter of wisdom, if you listen.
Carl Sandburg

Be Skeptical, but learn to listen.
Miguel Angel Ruiz

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
King James Bible

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.
Stephen R. Covey

It takes a great man to be a good listener.”
Calvin Coolidge

Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.
Bernard M. Baruch

Be Prepared.